Hey loves! I was kindly invited for a complimentary treatment of my choice at the Aesthetica Clinic by the lovely skin expert Louise Fitzpatrick.
I’ve never had anything fancy done to my face let alone visited a beauty clinic or spa, so this was an exciting opportunity for me. I have been wanting to try microdermabrasion for a long time so when Louise contacted me, I thought it would be great to try out and report back to you! However, after further conversing with Louise, I decided to opt for The Hydro Fusion Facial. It incorporates a range of procedures to form one super treatment. The Hydro Fusion Facial involves delivering intensive cleansing, re-surfacing, re-texturing, extraction and hydration.
The Hydro Fusion Facial consists of five main steps:
Refresh (water jet cleanse)
- A micro-jet is used with droplets of water accelerated by pressurised air to cleanse, exfoliate and hydrate the skin.
Resurface (diamond microdermabrasion)
- A diamond tipped wand is used to abrade the outermost dead skin cells that rest on the epidermis (outer layer) of the skin. The wand tip is made of natural laser cut diamond chips which work to remove dead skin cells and polish the skin. This unclogs pores, resurfaces and brightens the skin.
Restructure (light peel)
- This part consists of two peels formed of beta-hydroxy acids. The first is a glycolic peel which loosens the dead skin cells that are held with ‘glue’. The second is a salycylic acid peel which penetrates deeply into the pore and melts away debris.
Renew (sebum extraction)
- This involves water extraction and suction to remove the melted debris and further extract blackheads and clogged pores.
Revive (LED light and hyaluronic mask)
- The final step is applying a hyaluronic mask to intensively hydrate and then using PDT light therapy to treat any skin concerns. Lastly, an aromatherapy face oil is applied to smooth and feed the skin some goodness!
When I had arrived at the Aesthetica Clinic, I was welcomed by a lovely man who sat me down and asked me to fill in a form with all of my details (including details about my health). The form took me a good five minutes to fill in and it was a little tedious writing down every single detail about myself, however I know it was important for my safety. I was then greeted by Louise and offered a beverage.
As soon as I filled in the form, she kindly took my jacket for me and lead me to the room where the treatment was to take place. It was quite small, but homely (even with all the fancy equipment inside, haha). We both sat down and she talked me through the procedure (we digressed, many times) before getting me to lay on the comfy spa bed. Louise then put a pair of small goggles on me before she went ahead with the Hydro Fusion Facial.
The Water Jet Cleanse
- This first step was very interesting. Concentrating an intense amount of water on all areas of my face. Although the whole procedure is generally non-invasive, this first step definitely felt so. Because I was laying down completely relaxed, the water jet made me feel quite claustrophobic. I don’t know if it was just me, but that’s my experience. As the water jet was traveling to various areas of my face I felt like I couldn’t breathe at some points; but I kept it together. After this however, my face did feel really cleansed.
The Diamond Microdermabrasion
- This was the part I was most excited about. As mentioned earlier, I originally had just microdermabrasion in mind. There has been so much hype about it and I couldn’t wait to see for myself! When Louise carried out the microdermabrasion, it was way less intensive than the water jet peel. Although my face did feel a significant amount of pressure, it was the good kind. It kind of felt like sand paper rotating on my face. Don’t worry though, it wasn’t painful!
The Light Peels
- The glycolic peel felt very tingly when applied to the skin. For some reason there was an area along my jaw which tingled even more so but that went away when the peel was washed off. Next was the salycylic peel. I don’t have much to say besides the fact that they both felt really cool and refreshing on the skin. Not your every day face peel.
The Sebum Extraction
- This felt really cool on my skin. It really felt like I was having all of my skin demons suctioned out of my face. Definitely less intensive than the jet peel!
The LED light and Hyaluronic Mask
- This was one of my favourite parts of the whole procedure. The hyaluronic mask was so extremely hydrating. My skin needed it after the other mini procedures. Hydration is really important after these procedures due to the intensity of the facial. Louise applied the hyaluronic mask sheet onto my face and set up the PDT Therapy Machine and hovered it over my face to target my problem areas. She used the Green and Blue light to treat my dark circles and acne. I was then left to relax for twenty minutes. It was very therapeutic. The ambient music made me feel at ease.
- After twenty minutes, Louise came back into the room, turned the PDT machine off and removed my mask. My skin never felt so fresh! She then gave me a face massage and used the most amazing aromatherapy oil on my face to smooth and feed the skin.
Side note: You may or may not know about my chronic sinus problems. I haven’t been able to smell for a year now and it’s not very nice! When Louise applied the aromatherapy oil, for a minute I felt I was cured of my nose problem! I’m pretty sure at one point I caught more than just a whiff of it and I was so shocked.
Overall I had a brilliant experience at the Aesthetica Clinic and I’m so glad I chose the Hydro Fusion Facial as my treatment! Big thank you to Louise for inviting me to try out her service. I’m extremely impressed as I have never seen or heard of anything like it before. If you have problem skin and multiple concerns, the Hydro Fusion Facial is great to help treat your skin demons. It is £59.00 for a thirty minute session and £89.00 for a sixty minute session.
My skin is still glowing after three weeks. I was very skeptical about my skin having a glow after the treatment because my skin has never really looked dewy before, even after trying a ton of products in attempt to get that glow! My skin is extremely dewy and soft after treatment and I’m pleasantly surprised. It didn’t get rid of my breakout (which I had at the time of the facial) however it did work to extract all the dirt from under my skin as my makeup applies so much more smoothly now. I tend to get really rough skin around my mouth for some reason and after the treatment it was completely gone.
Would I visit again? Definitely. I’m not sure I would pay that much to have the treatment weekly, or monthly. Perhaps every few months. I will be taking my mother back next time though, I recommend Louise to everyone!
If you’re interested about trying the Hydro Fusion Facial for yourself or any other treatment, visit Aesthetica here.
Take care loves, :kiss: