Hello loves! Here is a look I thought I’d share with you all which is probably one of my most favourite looks to date. I like to call this ‘Pumpkin Spice’ as you have seen by the title :blush:. If you hadn’t already guessed, this is an Autumn inspired makeup look.
Autumn is full of deep, warm hues which is why it is my favourite season for both Fashion and Makeup! From Burgundy snoods and Mulberry lips to Pumpkin spiced lattes and Copper Autumn leaves. I love it all! So why not incorporate some of these into a makeup look?
Here is the look I came up with…
How is my hair always getting in the way of everything?! sighs. As noticeable this look is all about the eyes. As they say, the eyes are the window to the soul. We need to open those windows girl! I was actually debating whether a Berry lip colour would suit well with this look but I decided not in the end. Sometimes it’s best to just go with a bold eye and Nude lip!
Here is a frontal view. You may or may not read what I have talked about in previous blog posts, where I always struggle with applying eyeshadow according to my eyeshape. For some reason, this time I think I actually did it right! Looking at this picture makes me realise how deep-set my eyes look compared to when I wear other eyeshadow looks. The Brown and hints of Black really did help with creating dimension to my eyelid, which is what I would like to achieve any time I go heavy with the eyeshadow. Hopefully this is the start of many great eyeshadow looks!
Here is an extreme close-up of one eye. I’m sorry it is a tad more blurrier than it appeared to be when I previewed it but I just wanted to focus on some details here. The bold eye-liner and cut crease are the tools for this look. Once you nail it, you will have the most perfect eyeshadow. Now I do love my eyeliner, but I have never really been brave enough to sport extremely bold winged liner. A follower on Twitter had suggested I should try it out and I thought what the hey, do it! I am really pleased with how this look turned out and you will be surprised how cheap the palettes are that I used to achieve this!
Products I used:
- MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC42
- MUA Pro-Base Prime & Conceal Palette
- Maybelline ‘The Eraser Eye’ Perfect & Cover Concealer in Light
- Sleek Face Form in Medium (as always) – Contour Powder, Bronzer)
- Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlight in Golden Lights
- Collection Sheer Loose Powder in Translucent
- Accessorize Exposed 32 Shade Eye Palette (Makeup Revolution Flawless Palette looks so similar to this!) – Matte Beige-Brown for transition colour, Dark Matte Brown for crease, Orange-Copper tone for the lid.
- Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette – Welcome To The Pleasuredome (review here) – Matte Brown and Black for brows, Matte Cream for brow bone, shimmery Cream for waterline and inner corner. I also used the Matte Brown and Black under my waterline to deepen the look and make it look more sultry.
- 2true Effortless Liquid Liner in Black (surprised with how good this is!)
- Rimmel London Wonder’Full Mascara in Black
- Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara in Black Satin (this stuff is a-mazing)
- MAC Lip Liner in Boldly Bare
- Kate Moss Lasting Finish by Rimmel London Lipstick in shade 32
- Maybelline Colorstay Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe
I paid £10 for the Accessorize Exposed Palette a couple of years ago, so I am unaware if it is still there. If it is, I recommend buying it! It is absolutely amazing for this season. I have been giving it some loving recently. However, the alternative I suggested by Makeup Revolution is £8, making it £2 cheaper. So if any of you would like to go for the cheaper option, Makeup Revolution all the way! It is probably better quality than the Accessorize Palette to be honest. For the Salvation Palette I paid £6. So, it just goes to show that you don’t always need a £40 eyeshadow palette to create great makeup looks!
If you have any questions on this look, please feel free to message me via the Contact page of my site, or leave a question/suggestion in the Questions page. I don’t bite! It could perhaps help other people too :blush:.
I hope you like this look as much as I do, definitely going to be wearing it more than once!
Take care my lovelies, :kiss: